Updated: Jan 27
<COLD SOBA NOODLES / 豆乳冷麺＞
＜Yield> 2 servings
<Prep time> 8 minutes
<Cook time> 7 minutes
130g soba noodle (2 servings)
1 cup soy milk
1 cup kombu stock (1 cup water +1 teaspoon Kombu dashi powder / vegetable dashi powder)
2 tablespoons ground toasted sesame seed
1½ tablespoons Soy sauce
1 tablespoons Mirin
1 teaspoon tahini
1/4 teaspoon salt
chopped green onion
your favorite herbs
1. Finely chop the green onions. Thinly slice your favorite toppings. Cook soba noodles according to their package instructions then drain the noodles. Transfer to a plate.
2. In a pot add the kombu stock, mirin, soy sauce and salt. Once it comes to a boil then lower the heat to medium. Then add the tahini and soy milk. Whisk until the tahini is evenly distributed then remove from heat. Add in the ground sesame seeds. Try not to boil the dipping sauce after you add in the soy milk. Let the sauce chill in the fridge or on an ice bath.
3. Pour the dipping sauce into individual serving bowls. Crumble the tofu into the dipping sauce. Prepare your favorite toppings. Dip the cooked soba noodles into the sauce and enjoy.
<Miwa’s tips> ※Watch more on YouTube!
1. You can tweak the veggies. I personally love crunchy veggies.
2. In step 2, try not to boil the sauce after you add the soy milk.
3. If you can't find kombu stock then use any stock you have on hand. Mushroom stock and vegetable stock would work as well.
4. If you want to make this sauce more creamy then please add more tahini OR OR reduce the amount of water and replace with soy milk.
5. Feel free to add more soy sauce if you prefer!
Store the soba noodles and dipping sauce separately in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!
2021/ 04/27 MIWA