Updated: Jan 31
<TOFU SESAME SALAD/SHIRAAE/ 白和え>
＜Yield> 2 servings
<Prep time> 7 minutes
<Cook time> 3 minutes
150g (3 inch block) firm tofu, pressed to remove the water
½ cup green beans, sliced
½ cup carrots, thin matchsticks
1½ tablespoons toasted sesame seed
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1½ teaspoon white miso
1. Shred the carrot into then matchstick sized pieces then blanch them for 1 minute. Blanch the green beans for 30 seconds and then thinly slice them afterwards.
2. To a motor and pestle, add toasted sesame seeds. Grind the sesame seeds into a paste. Add in the miso paste, sugar and soy sauce then continue to grind them until it's fully mixed. Add in the pressed tofu and mash together.
3. In a bowl (or continue to use your motor and pestle if large enough), toss together the tofu sesame seed dressing from step 2 with the carrots and green beans. Now it's ready to be enjoyed.
<Miwa’s tips> ※Watch more on YouTube!
1. If this tastes bland, feel free to add more soy sauce and sugar.
2. Toss together the tofu mixture and vegetable right before serving.
3. Try this recipe with many other vegetables like spinach and broccoli.
Store the tofu, dressing and vegetables separately. It will last up to 4 days in an air-tight container in the fridge.
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!
2021/ 03/13 MIWA