Updated: Jan 26
< PICKLED PLUM OAT ONIGIRI/ 梅オートミールおにぎり>
<Yield> 1 serving
<Prep time> 5 minutes
<Cook time> 0 minutes
½ cup green onion, chopped
⅓ cup (40g) rolled oats
1 teaspoon toasted sesame seed
½ teaspoon olive oil
½ teaspoon Soy sauce
1-2 pieces pickled plum
1. Cover a microwave safe bowl with plastic wrap. Add in the oats and water then mix together. Microwave them uncovered for 15 minutes at 600 watts.
2. Remove the pit from the pickled plums then puree them. Finely chop the green onions.
3. In to the bowl with the cooked oats add in the green onions, pureed pickled plums, soy sauce, olive oil and toasted sesame seeds. Mix to combine. Make a mountain shape with your hands.
<Miwa’s point>※Watch more on YouTube!
- Depending on how tart you want your onigiri to be, adjust the amount of pickled plum used.
- Try swapping out the green onions for fresh herbs for more variation!
Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Steam or microwave the onigiri if they become too dry.
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!