<TOMATO KETCHUP FRIED RICE>
Updated: Jan 18, 2022
<TOMATO KETCHUP FRIED RICE/ケチャップライス>
＜Yield> 2 serving
<Prep time> 3 minutes
<Cook time> 7 minutes
300g cooked rice (1 cup of dried rice)
1 green pepper, minced
2-3 tablespoons frozen green peas/vegetable mix
1 teaspoon neutral oil
2 pinch salt
½ teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
1 teaspoon tonkatsu sauce
1. Remove the seeds from the green pepper then mince.
2. Add oil to a large pan over high heat. Once heated, add in the minced green peppers and sprinkle with salt. Sauté for 2 minutes. Add the frozen peas/ vegetables mix then cook for another 1 minute.
3. Reduce heat to low then make a space in the pan for the sauces. Then add in the ketchup and tonkatsu sauce. Mix the sauces with the vegetables. Next add in the cooked rice and continue to cook while stirring until the rice is warm and equally coated with sauce.
4. Adjust the taste of the rice with salt and ketchup if needed. Now it's ready to be enjoyed.
<Miwa’s tips> ※Watch more on YouTube!
1. Use any vegetables you have on hand. Onions and carrots are my go-to.
2. Feel free to swap tonkatsu sauce for soy sauce. For my homemade tonkatsu sauce recipe click here!
3. For the best fried rice, use old dried up cooked rice.
4. Feel free to add more seasoning to your liking. I keep mine pretty mild.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!