Updated: May 9, 2022
< TURNIP SALAD WITH YUZU KOSHO DRESSING/ カブの柚子胡椒和え＞
＜Yield> 2 servings
<Prep time> 6 minutes
<Cook time> 0 minutes
1½ cup turnip, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons dried wakame seaweed
2 teaspoons any neutral oil ( eg, Perilla oil)
1 teaspoon yuzu kosho
1 teaspoon lemon juice
½ teaspoon Soy sauce
1. Peel the turnip (optional) and then thinly slice. Soak the dried wakame seaweed in water for 5 minutes to rehydrate them. Drain the water and squeeze out the excess liquid.
2. In a bowl mix together the oil, yuzu kosho, lemon juice and soy sauce.
3. Just before serving, add the turnip and wakame from step 1 into the dressing.
<Miwa’s tips> ※Watch more on YouTube!
1. The dressing is quite tangy. Feel free to adjust the sourness by adding less lemon juice.
2. Yuzu kosho is spicy. This may not be suitable for kids or those who are sensitive to the heat.
It’s better to be enjoyed right after it’s served.
Keep the dressing and turnip separately in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Premium quality Japanese knife: If you are looking for a sharp and premium quality Japanese knife, click this link! This is the one I use on YouTube. I'm loving it!
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!