Updated: May 12
<AONORI SEAWEED SWEET POTATOES/ サツマイモの磯辺焼き>
＜Yield> 1-2 servings
<Prep time> 7 minutes
<Cook time> 8 minutes
300g Japanese sweet potato
1 tablespoon salted butter
1 teaspoon Soy sauce
1 teaspoon aonori flake
1. Slice sweet potato into ½ inch thick pieces. Soak them in a bowl of water for 5 minutes. Drain the water and wipe off the excess liquid.
2. To a pan, add butter followed by the sliced sweet potatoes. Cover the pan and cook over low heat for 4 minutes. Flip the slices over and continue to cook for another 4 minutes until the sweet potatoes become fork tender.
3. Once cooked, splash with soy sauce and remove from heat immediately. Transfer to a plate and sprinkle with aonori flake.
<Miwa’s tips> ※Watch more on YouTube!
1. Butter tends to burn easily so please keep the heat low.
2. You can swap aonori flake for black pepper.
Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Make sure to reheat the sweet potatoes when you want to enjoy them.
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!