Updated: May 12
<EGGPLANT AND CUCUMBER SALAD/ 夏野菜のサラダ>
＜Yield> 4 servings
<Prep time> 10 minutes
<Cook time> 0 minutes
1 Asian eggplant (120g), thinly sliced
2 small cucumbers (200g), thinly sliced
30g ginger, shredded
3 pieces myoga (Japanese ginger), thinly sliced
5g (2 inch ×2 inch) kombu, cut into thin strips
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon Soy sauce
1. Slice the eggplant, cucumbers and myoga as thin as possible. I recommend using a mandolin if you have one. Remove the skin of the ginger and thinly shred it.
2. Transfer the sliced eggplant, cucumbers, myoga and giner into a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt and then massage until liquid comes out. Cut the kombu into thin strips and then add them into the bowl. Mix everything together a couple times and let sit for 10 minute. After resting add in the soy sauce and toss together. Transfer to a plate and now it's ready to be enjoyed.
<Miwa’s tips> ※Watch more on YouTube!
1. In place of eggplant, use celery and zucchini.
2. Mix in your favorite fresh herbs if you want.
3. This recipe is a great topping for cold soba noodles.
Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!2021/09/04 MIWA