Updated: Jan 26
<JAPANESE OAT PORRIDGE/ オートミールお粥>
<Yield> 1 serving
<Prep time> 2 minutes (doesn't include soaking time)
<Cook time> 6 minutes
½ cup leek, chopped
⅓ cup (40g) oatmeal
1 dried shiitake mushroom, sliced
2 inch square kombu
1-2 teaspoons Soy sauce
¼ cup green onion, chopped
1. Finely chop the leek and green onion. Soak the kombu and shiitake mushroom in water for at least 30 minutes. In my video I’m using sliced dried shiitake mushrooms.
2. In a pot transfer the kombu and shiitake mushroom stock. Discard the kombu. Add in a pinch of salt. Once the stock comes to a boil, add in the oats and chopped leeks. Cook for about 4-5 minutes until you reach your desired texture. Season with soy sauce and adjust the taste with salt.
3. Serve the oatmeal in a bowl and garnish some nori seaweed along with chopped green onions.
<Miwa’s point>※Watch more on YouTube!
- If you don’t have kombu and shiitake mushrooms then please use 1 tsp of kombu stock powder and 1 ½ cups water.
-Add any vegetables you like such as onions, carrots, spinach and bok choy. This would make great additions! I kept it simple in the video.
Store in a air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!