Updated: Jan 20
<KABOCHA SQUASH MISO SPREAD/ かぼちゃの味噌ペースト>
▶Vegan option available.
＜Yield> 3 serving
<Prep time> 10 minutes
<Cook time> 0 minutes
250g kabocha squash
½ cup celery, finely chopped
your favorite nuts (walnuts, almonds etc...)
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon/1 pat cream cheese
1 tablespoon neutral oil ( I use rice oil)
1 tablespoon milk or until you reach the desired texture
1 teaspoon yellow miso
½ teaspoon black pepper ( It might not be suitable for kids but it's highly recommended for adults!!^^)
2 tablespoons vegan mayo
1 tablespoon vegan yogurt (I use soy yogurt)
1 tablespoon neutral oil
½ tablespoon yellow miso
2 pinch salt
½ tsp of black pepper (It might not be suitable for kids but it's highly recommended for adults)
1. Wash the kabocha squash. Remove the seeds and microwave for 7 minutes at 600w or until fully cooked and the inside becomes soft. Finely chop the celery.
2. Scoop out and mash the flesh from the kabocha squash in a bowl. While the kabocha squash is still warm, add in the cream cheese then combine together. Add the yellow miso , neutral oil, mayonnaise and milk into the bowl. Mix them until everything comes together and becomes creamy similar in texture to hummus. If it’s not creamy enough, add more milk or oil.
3. Adjust the taste with salt and black pepper. Enjoy this recipe spread on a slice of bread along with your favorite veggies and roasted crushed nuts!
<Miwa’s tips> ※Watch more on YouTube!
1. I highly recommend using this to make a sandwich loaded with lots of vegetables, fresh herbs and leafy greens.
2. Please try not to skip the black pepper!
3. For the vegan version, the direction will be exactly the same as non-vegan version. Please swap the seasonings & condiments as it’s written above. Watch it on YouTube for an in-depth explanation.
4. Drizzle on some maple syrup if you tummy is calling for something sweet!^^
Store it in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!