Updated: Jan 26
<KOMBU MISO PASTE/ 昆布味噌>
＜Yield> 4 servings
<Prep time> 10 minutes
<Cook time> 20 minutes
3 cups water
vegetable scraps (the pieces you would normally toss away such as the skin from an onion)
kombu miso paste
5 inch (10cm) piece used kombu
¾ cup (150g) yellow miso
4 tablespoons vegetable broth (created in this recipe)
shiitake mushroom (from the creation of the vegetable broth above)
1. Pour water into a pot and add in the vegetable scraps along with the shiitake mushroom. Let them simmer together for 20 minutes over a gentle boil. Afterwards let the broth come to room temperature. Be careful not to use a rapid bowl since it will create more bitterness from the vegetables.
2. Cut the used kombu into small pieces.
3. To a blender add in the kombu, the cooked shiitake mushroom from the broth, miso paste and 4 tbsp of the newly created vegetable broth. Blend everything together until smooth.
<Miwa’s tips> ※Watch more on YouTube!
1. Use any vegetables you have on hand. Carrots, corn, onions and Chinese cabbage are my favorites.
2. Use any miso paste you want. If your miso paste is high in sodium then please reduce the amount used.
3. Mix this kombu miso paste with vegetable broth to make a homemade instant miso soup.
4. This paste is simply delicious when using it as a dip for raw vegetables.
Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!