Updated: 2 days ago
<MUSHROOM UDON NOODLE SOUP/ きのこ煮込みうどん>
▶vegetarian (including fish stock)
＜Yield> 1 serving
<Prep time> 6 minutes
<Cook time> 5 minutes
200g frozen udon noodles (approximately 1 package)
2 cups (200g) mushroom mix (shimeji, shiitake, enoki etc...)
½ cup (30g) green onion, chopped
1 teaspoon ginger, grated
5cm daikon radish
1½ tablespoons Soy sauce
1½ tablespoons Mirin
2 pinches salt
1. Slice the shiitake thinly and separate the shimeji and enoki from the stem. Thinly slice the green onions. Microwave the frozen udon noodle for 3 minutes at 600w. Grate the ginger and daikon radish.
2. In a pot add soy sauce, mirin, dashi broth, salt, and grated ginger. Next add in the mushrooms and green onion. Bring to a boil and cook over medium heat for approximately 4 minutes. If using a dashi packet, shake off the excess liquid when removing it from the pot and discard.
3. Add in the grated daikon radish. Allow the daikon to heat up and then remove from heat. Adjust the taste with soy sauce or salt if it's needed.
4. To a serving bowl, add in the warm udon noodles then pour the mushroom mixture over top. Garnish with chopped green onions along with Japanese seven spice if you want. Now it's ready to be enjoyed.
<Miwa’s tips> ※Watch more on YouTube!
1. Use any variety of mushroom you have OR swap for sliced onions, carrots and spinach.
2. Add in tofu for a more protein!
3. To make this recipe vegan, use kombu stock or shiitake mushroom stock.
4; You can use dried noodles but make sure to cook them separately before serving with the soup.
Store udon noodles and the soup separately. The soup can be stored in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!