Updated: Jan 28, 2022
<SAVORY NATTO PANCAKES/ 納豆焼き>
＜Yield> 1 servings
<Prep time> 8 minutes
<Cook time> 7 minutes
1 pack natto
½ cup Chinese chives, chopped
¼ cup onion, chopped
3 tablespoons potato starch
1½ tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon rice wine
1 teaspoon Mirin
pinch of salt
spicy mayo sauce
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
½ teaspoon sriracha
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
½ teaspoon soy sauce
1.Chop chives into bite sized pieces. Chop onion into small pieces.
2. In a bowl mix together the natto (including the natto sauce and mustard), chopped Chinese chives, chopped onions, potato starch, rice wine, mirin and pinch of salt.
3. To a pan over medium heat, add in a fifth of the natto pancake mixture from step 2. Make a circular pancake shape when adding to the pan. Cover with a lid and cook for 4 minutes. Remove the lid and continue to cook for an additional 3 minutes until the bottom has crisped up.
4. While pancakes are cooking, in a small bowl mix together the dipping sauces. Enjoy these pancakes with their dipping sauces.
<Miwa’s tips> ※Watch more on YouTube!
1. You can tweak the veggies. I personally love the crunchiness of onion.
2. You can swap potato starch for corn starch.
3. If you are vegan then swap the natto sauce (which comes in the natto package itself) for 1 teaspoon of soy sauce.
Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!
2021/ 04/ 20 MIWA