Updated: Feb 17
<SHABU SHABU SALAD/ 豚しゃぶサラダ>
＜Yield> 2-3 servings
<Prep time> 3 minutes
<Cook time> 5 minutes
200g thinly sliced pork loin
leek/ green onion/ shallot
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 tablespoon rice wine
3 tablespoons Mirin
3 tablespoons Toasted sesame oil
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
2 small pickled plum/Umeboshi
1 teaspoon Soy sauce
Korean spicy dressing
1 teaspoon tobanjan paste
1 teaspoon Soy sauce
1. Slice the leek thinly. Mix together the salt, rice vinegar, mirin and toasted sesame oil. Toss the sliced leeks together with the marinade.
2. Bring 5 cups of water to a boil. Add in the sugar and rice wine. "Shabu shabu" the pork slices for about 30 seconds - 1 minute until all the pink has disappeared. Drain the liquid using a the strainer.
3. While the pork is still hot, toss it together with the marinaded leeks from step 1. Let them sit in the fridge for at least 15 minutes. Now it's ready to plate!
Plum dressing (1 serving)
4. Remove the pit from the 2 small salted pickled plums and puree them with a knife. Mix the pureed plums together with soy sauce. Toss with 50g of cooked shabu shabu pork (step 3).
Korean spicy dressing (1 serving)
4. Mix together the toubanjyan paste with the soy sauce. Toss with 50g of cooked shabu shabu pork (step 3).
<Miwa’s tips> ※watch more tips on my video!
・Try not to overcook the pork otherwise they get tough.
・Mix the pork together with the marinade while the pork is still hot.
・As the time passes, the pork will get dry. If it tastes too dry, feel free to drizzle on some toasted sesame oil.
・I don't recommend putting this into your bento box more than 2 days after it's been made. When it comes to a bento box, fresher is better. You can always enjoy the leftovers as a meal prep at home.
<Recommended side dish>
Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
<Did you try this recipe??>
Let me know by tagging me on Instagram
I love to see your creations!
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!
2020/10/ 03 MIWA