Updated: Jan 31, 2022
<VEGAN NEAPOLITAN PASTA/ ヴィーガンナポリタンスパゲッティ>
＜Yield> 1 serving
<Prep time> 6 minutes
<Cook time> 14 minutes
2 green peppers
half a yellow bell pepper
quarter of a carrot
2 pieces shiitake mushroom
1 clove garlic
pasta (half of a serving)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon sugar
3 tablespoons reserved pasta water
2½ tablespoons tomato ketchup
1 tablespoon mirin
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1½ teaspoons red miso paste
<Edamame miso roast>
1 cup unshelled frozen edamame
2 teaspoons miso
2 teaspoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon sriracha hot sauce
See more ingredients on the Shop Page!
1. Thinly slice the onion, green peppers, carrot, bell pepper, shiitake mushrooms and garlic. To a pan over medium heat add olive oil. Add in the onions with a pinch of salt. Cook the onions until caramelized. Add in the rest of vegetables along with the sugar, then cook for an additional 2 minutes.
2. Cook the pasta an additional minute longer than the package instructions say. Reserve 3 tablespoons of pasta water.
3. In a bowl, add together the tomato ketchup, miso, mirin and soy sauce. Add this mixture into the pan from step 1. Lower the heat to low and cook for 1 minute. Add in the cooked pasta along with the reserved pasta water. Add in the roasted edamame (see below for cooking instructions). Cook for an additional minute. Adjust the taste with salt. Transfer to a plate and garnish with crunchy fried onions and fresh herbs.
<Edamame miso roast>
1. Preheat the oven to 180℃. Defrost the frozen edamame.
2. In an oven safe container, mix the miso, maple syrup and sriracha hot sauce together. Toss with the edamame. Bake it in the oven for 180℃ 25-30 minutes.
<Miwa’s tips> ※Watch more on YouTube!
・The sauce can burn easily. Please keep the heat low or medium low heat.
・I recommend using red miso for this recipe.
・You can swap the roasted edamame in this recipe for frozen peas.
・Fresh herbs are a must-have!
Store in an air-tight container for up to 3 days in the fridge.
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!