Updated: Jan 26
<YAMAKAKE GOHAN/ 山かけごはん>
＜Yield> 1 serving
<Prep time> 4 minutes
<Cook time> 0 minutes
1 serving steamed rice
180g yamaimo (Japanese yam) approximately 10cm
3 tablespoons ombu dashi powder / vegetable dashi powder
1 tablespoon Soy sauce
1. Roughly scrape off the skin from the yamaimo. Grate the yamaimo.
2. In a bowl mix together the grated yamaimo, kombu stock and soy sauce.
3. Drizzle the yamaimo mixture from step 2 over rice. Sprinkle with some aonori seaweed if you want.
<Miwa’s tips> ※Watch more on YouTube!
1. Adjust the amount of soy sauce to your liking.
2. Some people are allergic to yamaimo, so please try only a small amount if this is your first time trying it.
Store the grated yamaimo and rice separately in an air-tight container in a fridge for up to 3 days.
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!