Updated: Sep 9, 2022
Do you have seafood mix in your freezer??
If you are looking for a recipe that uses seafood mix other than pasta or soup, you've come to the right place!
Today's Asian seafood mix recipe is very nourishing, comforting and savory.
Just perfect for fall and winter.
It can be whipped up in under 15 minutes!
Please give it a try on your busy weeknight!
<ASIAN SEAFOOD MIX RECIPE>
＜Yield> 2 servings
<Prep time> 6 minutes( It's not including the time to defroast seafood mix)
<Cook time> 9minutes
200g of firm tofu
1 cup (100g) frozen seafood mix
1 cup of chopped leek
2 cups of mushrooms( enoki mushroom & shimeji mushroom)
4 crab sticks/imitation crab sticks
1 bok choy
1 cup chicken broth (1 cup water + 1 teaspoon soup stock powder )
2 tablespoons rice wine / cooking sake
1 tablespoon Soy sauce
1 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 tablespoons Toasted sesame oil
1 tablespoon Mirin
1 tablespoon potato starch+ 1 tablepoon water
½ teaspoon salt
1. Dissolve a teaspoon of salt into one cup of water. Soak the frozen seafood mix to thaw. Let it soak for about 1 hour. Drain the water and wipe off the excess moisture completely.
2. Chop the white part of the leek into bite sized pieces. Cut off the stem from the mushrooms and tear into bite sized pieces. Separate the leaf from the stalk of the bok choy then, cut into bite sized pieces. Cut tofu into 1 inch dice. Mix potato starch + water.
3. In a pan add in the chicken stock, rice wine, salt, mirin, and oyster sauce. In goes the mushrooms and leeks. Cook them for 3 minutes. Add in the tofu, seafood mix and the stalks of the bok choy. Cook for another 2 minutes with the lid on. Add in the crab sticks/imitation crab and the leaves from the bok choy. Adjust the taste with soysauce if it's needed. Cook for an additional minute then thicken the sauce by adding in the potato starch. Continue to simmer for another 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and then drizzle with some toasted sesame oil.
5. Plate them along with some chopped green onions and chili oil.
・By thawing the seafood mixture in salted water you are removing the fishy smell while still retaining the texture of seafood.
・You can add in mushrooms, leeks and carrots for more options.
・If you are sensitive to the smell of shellfish then add grated ginger!
・Depending on which brand of chicken stock you are use, the sodium contents varies. Feel free to adjust the taste by adding salt or water.
<Recommended side dish>
Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!