Updated: Jan 28, 2022
<BROCCOLI WITH CREAMY TOFU SALAD/ 白和え>
＜Yield> 2 servings
<Prep time> 6 minutes
<Cook time> 3 minutes
1 cup (100g) broccoli florets
100g firm tofu
1½ tablespoons tahini
1½ tablespoons Soy sauce
2 teaspoons white miso
2 teaspoons granulated sugar
1. Cut the broccoli into florets, then steam.
2. Remove the water from the tofu by putting something heavy on top of it.
3. In a bowl add in crumbled tofu, tahini, soy sauce, white miso and sugar. Next mash and mix them all together until it becomes pasty and creamy.
4. Toss the broccoli florets into the mixture from step 3. Adjust the final taste with salt and sugar. Now it's ready to be enjoyed.
<Miwa’s tips> ※Watch more on YouTube!
-I don’t recommend using red miso for this recipe. Use yellow miso or white miso.
-Instead of broccoli feel free to use spinach, cooked sweet potatoes, peas and beans. These all work very well in this recipe.
Store it in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!