Updated: May 19, 2022
<COLORFUL TOFU SALAD/ 豆腐の彩サラダ>
＜Yield> 2 servings
<Prep time> 10 minutes
<Cook time> 0 minutes
200g extra firm tofu
1 small tomato(100g), diced
1 small Asian cucumber(80g), diced
½ ripe avocado, diced
½ cup pickled daikon radish, diced
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
½ tablespoon neutral oil
½ teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon lemon juice
garlic clove, grated
1. Dice the tomato, avocado, cucumber and pickled daikon radish into ½ inch cubes. Set aside.
2. Dice the tofu into 1 inch cubes. You can press the tofu beforehand if you don't want the salad to be too soggy.
3. To make the dressing, mix together the soy sauce, toasted sesame seeds, oil, black pepper, lemon juice and garlic. Let the dressing chill in the fridge.
4. In a large bowl, combine the tomato, cucumbers, picked daikon radish, tofu with the dressing. Plate them up and now it's ready to be enjoyed.
<Miwa’s tips> ※Watch more on YouTube!
1. If you are unable to find Japanese pickled daikon radish, feel free to swap for any other type of pickle. The purpose of adding daikon is to add in a crunchy, salty and tangy dimension to the salad.
2. I highly recommend using extra firm tofu. If you have time, press tofu gently with your palm to squeeze the liquid out.
3. This salad tastes best when it’s served chilled.
Store in an air-tight container for 2 days in the fridge. It’s the best when everything is just combined.
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!