Updated: Apr 21, 2022
I always have some type of noodle or pasta in my pantry. When it comes to that type of carbohydrate, I sometimes find macaroni sitting quietly and patiently waiting for its turn to shine. Not as useful as pasta, but nice to have on hand to make more variety in your dishes.
My macaroni dish contains more vegetables than macaroni although this dish is called a macaroni salad. I happen to use the vegetables listed below but you can swap to any vegetable that you have on hand.
What are you going to top it with?
Leave a comment on my Instagram and youtube for any feedback or questions♡
I didn't have any herbs on hand so I used celery leaves as a garnish.
I paired this salad with a Japanese cutlet for dinner. It's pretty filling as it is though!
Perfect for a quick lunch!
＜Yield> 3 servings
<Prep time> 7 minutes
<Cook time> 5 minutes
70g chicken fillet
2 tablespoons canned corn
2 ½ tablespoons mayonnaise(Japanese mayonnaise )
1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard/dijon mustard
2 teaspoons Soy sauce
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
½ teaspoon honey
fresh Italian parsley and chives
1. Slice the cucumber and carrot thinly. Sprinkle with 1 tsp of salt and massage it in. Leave it for 10 minutes. Squeeze out the excess moisture. Cut the onion finely and then pop them into the microwave for 90 seconds at 600w covered to remove the pungency.
2. Place the chicken fillet on a microwavable plate, add a dash of rice wine and salt. Cover with plastic wrap and then microwave for 90 seconds at 600w. Let the chicken cool down then shred it.
3. Cook the macaroni according to its package instructions. Drain the water and then toss with 1 tbsp of mayonnaise when it’s still hot.
4. In a big bowl, mix all the seasoning written above under "dressing" then add all the prepped ingredients. Toss them and now it's ready to be enjoyed!
-This salad is really versatile, celery and broccoli would make great additions!
-You can leave the macaroni out and add in more chicken if you are gluten free or low carb.
-If you don’t have a microwave, you can just boil or grill the chicken on the stove.
-If you are making this for kids, it's better to reduce the amount of mustard used.
Store in a air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!