Updated: Apr 25, 2022
I know many of you are stuck in your house and don't have much to enjoy at the moment. But why don't you enjoy making these ONIGIRI to enjoy the lovely spring season. You can still enjoy the refreshing air by having lunch in your own garden or on a balcony. It's so so important to release some stress to keep your immune system well functioning.
Today's recipe is an epic ONIGIRI idea which kids can also make!
Why don't you enjoy cooking with your loved ones!
Nourish your heart and belly! ♡
＜Yield> 4 servings
<Prep time> 2 minutes
<Cook time> 5 minutes
300g cooked rice (300g)
40g frozen edamame
1.5 tablespoons Soy sauce
1. Defrost the edamame. Break the cheese into 5mm pieces.
2. In a bowl add in the rice, edamame, bonito flakes, cheese and soy sauce. Mix them well.
3. Place down a sheet of plastic wrap and put a quarter of the rice mixture in the center. Wrap it up and make a mountain shape with your palms.
4. Open up the plastic wrap and place the onigiri on your plate. Repeat steps 3 and 4, three more times for a total of 4 onigiri.
・You can adjust the saltiness by adding in more soy sauce. However the more liquid you add in the more difficult it is to keep the shape of the ONIGIRI.
・By adding in black pepper the onigiri become even more flavorful.
Store them in plastic wrap for a day at room temperature.
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!