Updated: Jan 26
<GRILLED SALTED SALMON/ 鮭の塩焼き>
＜Yield> 3 servings
<Prep time> 7 minutes (doesn't include marinating time)
<Cook time> 8 minutes
11oz (300g) salmon fillet
2 tablespoons salt
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1. In a container large enough to hold the salmon, mix together the sugar, salt and water. Mix them well.
2. Descale the salmon then transfer into the marinade. Let the salmon sit in the marinade in the fridge for 12 hours.
3. Remove the salmon from the marinade and pat dry the salmon. To a pan over medium heat cook the salmon fillet for 4 minutes or until the bottom browns, then flip. After flipping, cover with a lid and steam the salmon for another 3 minutes over medium-low heat. When both sides become nice and charred, transfer to a plate. Now it's ready to be enjoyed.
<Miwa’s tips> ※Watch more on YouTube!
1. If you have a large chunk of salmon then leave it in the marinade for 24 hours. Depending on how salty you want the fish to be adjust your soaking accordingly. I recommend a minimum of 10 hours.
2. Cook the salmon gradually over medium low heat to achieve a moist & tender salmon.
3. Enjoy the salmon with grated daikon radish if you want.
Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days after it’s cooked.
Store in the freezer for 2 weeks prior to cooking.
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!
2021/ 05/22 MIWA