Updated: Jan 5
<HEALTHY NOODLE SALAD / 春雨サラダ>
＜Yield> 2 servings
<Prep time> 15 mins
<Cook time> 0 mins
1 cup (100g) carrot, sliced
½ cup (50g) celery, sliced
80g dried glass noodles
½ cup (50g) any fresh herbs
2½ tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1½ tablespoons toasted sesame oil
1 tablespoon honey or sugar
½ tsp grated garlic (optional)
½ tsp chili oil (optional)
1.Thinly slice the carrots and celery. Sprinkle with some salt (¼ tsp) and give them a massage. Let the salted carrots and celery sit for 5 mins to draw out the moisture. When liquid starts to seep out, squeeze the vegetables and set them aside.
2. Rehydrate the glass noodles according to their package instructions. Once rehydrated; drain the noodles, squeeze the water tightly and then set them aside.
3. Grind the toasted sesame seeds then mix in all the dressing components listed above.
4. Toss together the carrots, celery (step 1), glass noodles (step 2) and dressing (step 3) in one bowl just before serving.
<Miwa’s tips> ※Watch more on YouTube!
1. Remove as much excess water as possible in steps 1 and 2 to keep the salad fresh longer.
2. Make sure to toast your sesame seeds before grinding them to boost the flavor.
3. The dressing will last 3 days in the fridge. Make sure to combine all the components just before serving it.
Store all the components separately (steps 1, 2 and 3) in an airtight container for 3 days in the fridge.
JAPANESE COOKING STARTER KIT & FERMENTED FOODS ARE AVAILABLE NOW! ONLY until December 13th!
Discover shio koji, mirin, soy sauce, dashi, and natto koji paste. Everything is vegan and I use them everyday!