Updated: Apr 22, 2022
This is definitely a family favorite!! It's one of my recommendations when you want to cook but have a real busy life. It's savory, rich, filling and most importantly quick! You don't even need to use pork if you don't want to. Feel free to swap it out for tofu or chicken. It will be equally tasty.
Enjoy with a bowl of rice!
Please tag me if you ever make it!
Leave a comment on my Instagram and youtube for any feedback or questions♡
<Yield> 2 servings
<Prep time>7 minutes
<Cook time> 6 minutes
250g thinly sliced pork shoulder loin
all purpose flour
3 tablespoons Soy sauce
2 tablespoons rice wine
2 tablespoons Mirin
2 tablespoons ginger, grated
¼ onion, grated
¼ apple, grated
1 teaspoon oyster sauce
any leafy greens on the side
1. Mix all the ingredients listed under the sauce together (rice wine, mirin, soy sauce, grated ginger, grated onion, grated apple, oyster sauce).
2. Slice the half an onion. Heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Add in the onions and once they becomes transparent, transfer them to a plate. Set it aside.
3. Coat the pork loin with some all purpose flour. This will lock in the moisture of the meat and let it stay tender. Place the pork loins in the same skillet, that was used to cook the onions, and cook it over high medium heat for 1.5 minutes. No need to add in any oil.
4. Once the pork is half way cooked through, add in the sauce (it was mixed in step 1) and let them cook over medium heat. Flip the pork over a couple times and make sure it is nicely coated with the sauce.
5. Add the onions back into the skillet and stir it for another 30 seconds. Now it's ready to be enjoyed!
-You can use chicken for this recipe but make sure that it’s fully cooked since the chicken is thicker than thinly sliced pork loin.
-If you are plant based, swap out the pork for firm tofu. Also please use hoisin sauce as a substitution for the oyster sauce.
-With this recipe, we are using thinly sliced pork shoulder loin.
-You can also add mushrooms in to boost up your vegetables.
Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!