Updated: Jan 5
<JAPANESE PICKLED CUCUMBER/ きゅうりの浅漬け>
＜Yield> 2 servings
<Prep time> 10 mins ( It doesn't include the resting time.)
<Cook time> 0 mins
5 Asian cucumbers (600g)
1 ½ tbsp sugar
1 ½ tsp salt
1 ½ tsp rice vinegar
1. Trim the ends of the cucumbers, then partially peel the skin. Place them into a zip top bag.
Cut the kombu into small pieces with kitchen scissors.
2. Into the zip top bag, add in the sugar, salt, rice vinegar and cut kombu. Rub the cucumbers and remove all the air from the zip top bag. Seal it completely.
3. Let it sit in the fridge for 5 hours to overnight. When you see the water seeping out from the cucumbers and kombu has become soft, they are now ready to be enjoyed.
<Miwa’s tips> ※Watch more on YouTube!
1. Asian cucumbers are thinner than English cucumbers. You can use Persian cucumber, carrots and daikon radish as a substitute.
2. You can keep it for 3-4 days in the marinade, but if they cucumbers taste too salty, feel free to discard the marinade at any point.
Keep it in a zip top bag in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need a very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese artisan!