<KIMCHI MISO RICE PORRIDGE/ キムチ味噌雑炊>
＜Yield> 2 servings
<Prep time> 5mins
<Cook time> 5 mins
1 cup leftover miso soup
½ cup kimchi
200 g silken tofu
½ cup(30g), sliced ,leeks / spring onion
½ cup (10g) spinach
1 cup cooked Japanese sushi rice
½ cup (100ml)water
1-2 tsp Soy sauce
½ cup chopped spring onion
½ sheet nori seaweed
1.Thinly slice leeks or spring onion. Chop spring onion finely. Cut kimchi into small bite sized pieces.
2. Add leftover miso soup, water, leeks, kimchi and rice to the pot. Bring it to the pot. Once it comes to a boil, reduce the heat to low and cook it until you reach your desired consistency .
3. Add spinach and tofu. Once the tofu is warm, remove it from the heat. Feel free to adjust the taste with soy sauce. Transfer to the bowl along with chopped spring onion and nori seaweed.
<Miwa’s tips> ※Watch more on YouTube!
1. If the soup turns out too thick, add more water to your desired consistency.
2. Mushrooms and eggs are great additions to this porridge.
3. Always make sure to adjust the taste with soy sauce or miso paste before serving it. I added an additional 1 tsp of soy sauce in the video.
Keep them in an air-tight container in the fridge for 5 days.