Updated: Feb 1, 2022
<MISO BALL/ INSTANT HOMEMADE MISO SOUP/ 味噌玉>
＜Yield> 10 servings
<Prep time> 10 minutes
<Cook time> 0 minutes
Basic miso mixture
180g yellow miso
3 tablespoons fish/ Kombu dashi powder / vegetable dashi powder
90g miso mixture
1½ tablespoons dried wakame seaweed
1 tablespoon dried daikon radish
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
90g miso mixture
4 tablespoons canned corn
3 tablespoons chopped green onion
1 piece of dried shiitake mushroom
1. Mix the miso paste (180g) with the fish or kombu stock powder. Divide the mixture into two different mixing bowls.
2. For type 1 miso mixture: mix together the miso-stock powder from step 1 with dried daikon radish, dried wakame seaweed and sesame seeds. Mix well until everything is well distributed. Divide the mixture into 5 balls and then wrap them up.
3. For type 2 miso mixture: mix together the miso mixture from step 1, 1 piece of dried sliced shiitake mushroom, canned corn and chopped green onions. Mix well until everything is well distributed. Divide the mixture into 5 balls and then wrap them up.
<Miwa’s tips> ※Watch more on YouTube!
-If you want to use fresh vegetables, feel free to use them but make sure to cook them beforehand especially root vegetables which can not be eaten raw.
-Tofu is not suitable for this recipe.
-Dried herbs and spices are recommended for this miso ball such as garlic powder, paprika, powdered ginger etc....
- Add in cooked mochi into your miso soup! Watch details on YouTube!
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for 3 weeks.
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!