Updated: Feb 4
This miso cream vegan pasta is sooooo creamy, thick and complex in flavor thanks to the miso and mushrooms.
This pasta will satisfy your tummy and soul for sure!!
This vegan miso cream pasta recipe will take you only 15 minutes so please give it a try on weekend night!
<VEGAN MISO CREAM PASTA>
＜Yield> 2 servings
<Prep time> 5 minutes
<Cook time> 10 minutes
2 servings pasta (any kind of noodle will work)
3 shiitake mushrooms
2 cups (130g) shimeji mushroom
2 cups (130g) maitake/hen of the woods mushroom
1 clove garlic
1 leek (white part only)
½ teaspoon salt
2 cups plant based milk (such as soy milk)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon all purpose flour
1 teaspoon miso paste (yellow miso or white miso)
1 teaspoon soy sauce
½ mushroom bouillon cube/ vegetable bouillon cube
1. Remove the stem from the shiitake mushrooms and cut into strips. Quarter the heads of the shiitake mushrooms. Cut off the bottom part of the shimeji mushrooms and separate into small pieces by hand. Do the same for the maitake mushrooms. Slice the onion, leek and garlic thinly.
2. Bring the water to a boil and cook pasta according to package instructions.
3. Heat the pan over medium head and add in olive oil. Add in the chopped onions, garlic and leeks. Sprinkle with some salt. Cook them for 3 minutes over medium-high heat. Add in the mushrooms and sprinkle with salt. Sauté them for 5 minutes over medium heat or until the onion have softened and turned lightly brown.
4. Sprinkle on the flour and cook for another minute. Add in plant based milk. Simmer for 2 minutes. Dissolve in the miso paste and splash in the soy sauce. Remove from heat immediately.
5. Combine the cooked pasta with the cooked sauce from step 4. Adjust the taste with salt and pepper. Plate the pasta and garnish with some parsley. Now it's ready to be enjoyed!
<Miwa’s tips>※Watch more on YouTube!
・Red miso is not recommended for this recipe.
・Sauté vegetables until they have softened and are flavorful. This is a key step for this recipe!
・Remove from heat immediately after you add in the miso paste and soy sauce to preserve the aroma.
・If you pasta sauce is too thick then thin it out by adding in some pasta water.
・You can add in salmon or chicken if you are not vegan. Other vegetables like carrots, broccoli and corn are great option for kids!
Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
<Recommended side dish>
<Did you try this recipe??>
Let me know by tagging me on Instagram
I love to see your creations!
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!