Updated: May 12, 2022
<MISO SOUP~A TASTE OF FALL~/ 秋の味噌汁>
＜Yield> 3 servings
<Prep time> 5 minutes
<Cook time> 15 minutes
2 cups (200g) kabocha squash, diced
1 cup (100g) carrot
1 cup (50g) mushrooms
1½ tablespoons yellow miso
1 tablespoon oil
1. Chop the mushrooms into small bite sized pieces. Thinly slice the carrots. Chop the kabocha squash into ½ inch dice.
2. Heat the oil in a pan over high heat. Sauté the mushrooms and carrots for 5 minutes or until the carrots are slightly softened. Add in the water, kabocha squash and the dashi packet. Once it comes to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for 4 minutes while covered. After 4 minutes have elapsed, remove the dashi packet and continue to simmer with the lid on until the kabocha squash is cooked through.
3. Once cooked, remove from heat and dissolve in the miso paste. Now it's ready to be enjoyed!
<Miwa’s tips> ※Watch more on YouTube!
2. Use any type of mushrooms you have on hand. I love to mix different kinds of mushrooms to amp up the flavor.
Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!
2021/ 10/02 MIWA