Updated: Jul 31, 2022
<MISO TOFU CURRY/ 味噌豆腐ドライカレー>
＜Yield> 2 servings
<Prep time> 5 minutes
<Cook time> 12 minutes
200g firm tofu
1 small onion (100-150g)
8 cherry tomatoes
1 clove garlic, minced
１½ tablespoons (20g) yellow miso
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 tablespoon Toasted sesame oil
1 tablespoon rice oil (any high smoke point oil)
1 teaspoon ginger, grated
1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
2 servings(400g) steamed rice
1. Remove the moisture from the tofu by placing something heavy on top of it for 15 minutes. Chop the onion into small pieces. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half. Mince the garlic. Grate the ginger.
2. To a pan over high heat, add in the rice oil. Cook the onions, garlic and salt for 5 minutes or until they are slightly brown. Crumble the tofu into the pan and continue to cook until all the moisture has evaporated, approximately 7-8 minutes. Transfer the tofu mixture to a bowl or a plate and set it aside.
3. Wipe the pan clean then heat over medium low. Add in the toasted sesame oil followed by the curry powder, tomatoes, grated ginger and tomato ketchup. Let the spices toast for 1 minute. Add the tofu mixture from step 2 back into the pan and continue to cook for another 3 minutes. Remove from heat and mix in the kombu miso paste/miso paste. Serve this curry on top of rice.
<Miwa’s tips> ※Watch more on YouTube!
1. The curry powder can burn pretty easily, so keep the heat to a medium-low.
2. Use extra firm or firm tofu for this recipe.
3. The final curry is a bit spicy. Feel free to reduce the amount of curry powder to your liking.
4. You can use any miso paste in this recipe but make sure to add it in little by little to control the saltiness. For my kombu miso paste, go to this recipe!
Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!