Updated: Oct 6
< ONE POT NORI BROCCOLI PASTA/ ブロッコリーと海苔のワンポットパスタ>
＜Yield> 2 servings
<Prep time> 7 mins
<Cook time> 9-12 mins ( It depends on the type of pasta you use)
2 servings spaghetti (200g)
10 pieces (100g) small shrimp, deshelled and deveined
3 cups (200g) broccoli
3 sheets nori seaweed, torn into pieces
4 cloves garlic
½ tsp chili flakes
½ tsp salt
1 ½ - 2 tbsp soy sauce
1 ½ tbsp olive oil
½ tsp black pepper
1. Mince garlic. Cut broccoli florets into small pieces. Peel or cut the outer tough layer of the broccoli stem then thinly slice the inside part.
2. To a pan, heat the olive oil followed by minced garlic and chili flakes. Let the aroma bloom over small heat for 1 min. Next, add water, salt, nori seaweed, broccoli and raw pasta. Cook according to the pasta's package instructions. Close the lid for the first 4 mins. After 4 mins, open the lid to evaporate the excess liquid.
3. 4 mins before the pasta is cooked, add in the shrimp. Continue to cook until the pasta is cooked to your liking. Mash the broccoli with a spatula. Remove from heat and adjust the taste with soy sauce if it’s needed.
Transfer to a plate and add black pepper if you like.
<Miwa’s tips> ※Watch more on YouTube!
1. If the pasta is not cooked, feel free to splash in some water and continue to cook for an additional 1-2 mins.
2. The broccoli needs to be cooked for more than 8 mins.
3. Try not to overcook your shrimp.
4. The pasta tends to stick together especially for the first 3-4 mins. To prevent this from happening, keep it moving.
5. If you are vegan, feel free to skip the shrimp and instead add tofu or your choice of protein.
Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for 3 days.
- First E-cookbooks are now available I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need a very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by an 80 years old Japanese artisan!