Updated: Jan 5
<ONE POT SALMON, VEGETABLES AND RICE MEAL/ ワンポット鮭プレート>
＜Yield> 2 servings
<Prep time> 10 mins (It doesn’t include the time for soaking rice)
<Cook time> 30 mins
300g Japanese sushi rice
½ cup corn kernels
½ cup minced onion (100g)
½ cup minced carrot (50g)
¼ cup shimeji mushrooms
1 tsp soup stock powder/ bouillon cube
2 tbsp cooking sake
1 ½ cup water
2 slices salmon (200g)
¼ tsp salt
Red bell pepper
2 small red bell pepper/ green pepper
2 tbsp shredded cheese
Sauce 1 tsp grated ginger
2 tbsp grated carrot
1 tbsp vinegar
1 ½ tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 ½ tbsp neutral oil ( I used flaxseed oil)
1. Rinse rice and soak it in water for 1 hour. After soaking, drain the water and set it aside.
Mince the onion and carrot. Trim the shimeji mushroom stem. Remove the corn kernels from the cob.
2. Sprinkle the salmon with some salt. Let it sit for 10 mins. Wipe off the moisture that comes up on the surface with a kitchen towel or paper towel.
3. Remove the seeds from red bell pepper and stuff cheese inside.
4. To a pot, add in the rice, water, and soup stock powder. Mix to combine. Place the carrots, onions, mushrooms and corn kernels on top. On top of those vegetables, place the salmon (step2), the actual corn cob and red bell pepper ( step 3).
5. Cook over high heat. Once it comes to a boil, cover with a lid and reduce the heat to low. Continue to cook it for 10 mins. After 10 mins, bring the heat back up to high for 15 seconds. Then remove from heat and let it steam for 15 mins with the lid on.
6. Mix all the ingredients listed under <Sauce>.
7. Remove the salmon and red bell pepper. Mix the rice together and serve it on your plate along with the salmon and red bell pepper. Garish with some leafy greens if you want. Drizzle the sauce over the top. Now it's ready to be enjoyed.
<Miwa’s tips> ※Watch more on YouTube!
1. Feel free to change up the vegetables.
2. Pick smaller red bell peppers otherwise they won’t be cooked.
3. This dressing could be too pungent for kids. If you are cooking for kids you might want to reduce the amount of ginger and add more carrots or even apple.
Keep all the components separately in an air-tight container in the fridge for 3 days.
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need a very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese artisan!