Updated: Apr 25, 2022
These eggs are in my fridge all the time! It's my family's all time favorite!!
You need to know my little tips to make the perfect jammy soft boiled eggs. Please watch my YouTube video because I'm explaining more hacks in the video.
Can't wait for you to try this out!!!!
If you ever make this, leave a comment on my YouTube channel!
<Yield> 4 servings
<Cook time> 10 minutes
1 tablespoon vinegar
100ml fish stock base
1 teaspoon grated ginger
1. Boil just enough water to cover all the eggs in a pot. Let the eggs come to room temperature. Make a crack on the bottom of the thicker part of the egg. This will help to peel the shell later on.
2. Add the vinegar into the water. Vinegar helps to harden the egg whites. When the water comes to a boil, lower the heat to low. Place the eggs gently into the water then bring it to a boil again. During the First minute keep making a swirl to keep the egg yolk centered. Continue to boil for another 5 minutes. The total cooking time will be 6 minutes.
3. Make the marinating liquid, this one is soy sauce based. We use a dashi soy sauce also known as a tempura dipping sauce. Mix together 100ml of 3 times concentrated dashi soy sauce, 50 ml of water and one tsp of grated ginger in a plastic bag.
4. Transfer the cooked eggs into an ice bath and leave it for 5 minutes. Start peeling the shell from the thicker part since there is an air pocket. Running it under tap water will also help to peel the shell smoothly.
5. Place the eggs in the soy sauce mixture and seal it completely. Soak it for at least 6 hours in a fridge. Now it's ready to serve.
Egg yolks will get denser and thicker as time goes on.
Store them in a air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!