Updated: Jan 28
<SHREDDED CHICKEN 蒸しささみ>
＜Yield> 2 servings
<Prep time> 2 minutes
<Cook time> 5 minutes
4 chicken breast strips (200g)
1 tablespoon salted rice malt
1 tablespoons rice wine
green part leek
4 slices ginger
1. Remove the tendons from the chicken. Transfer them to a microwave safe container. Smother the chicken with shio koji and rice wine. Place the green part of the leek and sliced ginger on top.
2. Microwave the chicken for 2 minutes at 600 watts while covered. Move the position of chicken in the container to ensure even cooking. Continue to microwave them for another 1½-2 minutes. Let them continue to steam in their container until the chicken reaches room temperature.
3. Shred the chicken using two forks or with a stand mixer.
<Chicken macro bowl>
1. Make a bed of steamed rice. On top of the rice add shredded chicken along with your favorite toppings (such as coriander, tomatoes, cucumber etc...).
2. Drizzle with homemade Asian sesame dressing. Now it's ready to be enjoyed!
<Miwa’s tips> ※Watch more on YouTube!
1. You can use chicken breast as well.
2. If you don’t use a microwave, please check out this recipe using a pot. You will be able to get a tender moist chicken similar to this recipe.
Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!