Updated: May 12, 2022
<SOBA NOODLE WITH APPLE GINGER DRESSING/ そばサラダのリンゴドレッシング和え>
＜Yield> 2 servings
<Prep time> 13 minutes
<Cook time> 8 minutes
200g dried soba noodles
1 small apple (250g), cored
3 tablespoons Soy sauce
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons Toasted sesame oil
2 tablespoons ground toasted sesame seed
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
2 cloves garlic, whole and peeled
toasted sesame seeds
(Any fresh vegetables you have on hand^^)
1. Chop your favorite toppings into small bite-sized pieces. Cook the soba noodles according to the package instructions. Once cooked, drain and rinse the noodles to remove the starch.
2. In a blender add apple chunks, soy sauce, water, toasted sesame oil, toasted sesame seeds, sugar, garlic and ginger. Blend until pureed ( I like to have a little bit of chunky texture left).
3. Combine the cooked noodles from step 1 with the dressing from step 2. The sauce can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
<Miwa’s tips> ※Watch more on YouTube!
1. If the sauce is too pungent then reduce the amount of ginger and garlic used.
2. If using a sweet variety of apple then reduce the amount of sugar to 1 teaspoon.
Store noodles and dressing separately in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!