Updated: Dec 2, 2022
Japanese soufflé cheesecake! Who can not love it?
Soufflé cheesecake is so fluffy and airy almost like a cross between a chiffon cake and a pancake. It has a light cheesy flavor to it.
I made a soufflé cheesecake with a rice cooker. NO oven! NO heating! Never messing it up!
If you notice that I rarely post baking recipe it's because I'm not so good at it... haha
However as my boys are getting older, they are asking me for some sweets.
So I thought it's time to starting baking.
The soufflé cheesecake is very light! It's a perfect treat for the hot & humid summer.
<JAPANESE CHEESECAKE USING A RICE COOKER
＜Yield> 4 servings
<Prep time> 15 minutes
<Cook time> 62 minutes (cooking in a rice cooker)
30g all purpose flour
100g cream cheese
20g unsalted butter
½ cup /100ml milk
½ tablespoon lemon juice
1. Bring the butter and cream cheese to room temperature. Separate the egg whites from the yolks. Keep the egg whites in the fridge.
2. In a bowl add in the cream cheese and butter. Mix them until it becomes creamy. Then add in the milk, lemon juice and egg yolks. Continue to mix them.
3. Sift the flour and mix it into the bowl from step 2. Set it aside.
4. In another bowl add in the chilled egg whites and sugar. Whip into stiff peaks.
5. Gently fold in a quarter of the whipped meringue (step 4) into the flour mixture from step 3. Repeat this step three more times. Pour the batter into the rice cooker. Switch on the rice cooker and let it cook on regular mode.
6. Transfer onto a plate and dust with powdered sugar. Let it cool for 2 hours if you have time. Serve it with your favorite jam and now it's ready to be enjoyed!
・Add in the milk little by little so that you won't have too many lumps and it will be well combined.
Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!
2020/ 08/ 22 MIWA