Updated: Feb 3
What's your favorite filling for the sushi roll??
Today, I'm introducing tuna mayo and tamago sushi roll which is my family's favorite!
You need a little practice making sushi roll but definitely will be a crowd's favorite for sure if you make for holidays!
<SUSHI ROLLS WITH TUNA MAYO & TAMAGO>
＜Yield> 2 servings
<Prep time> 15 minutes (does not include the time to cook the rice)
<Cook time> 5 minutes
160g Japanese sushi rice
2 tablespoons sushi vinegar (see below)
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 tablespoons granulated sugar
½ teaspoon salt
Tuna mayo filling
canned tuna, drained
2 tablespoons Japanese mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Soy sauce
2 sheets nori seaweed
1. Rinse the sushi rice and soak in water for 1 hour. Cook the rice.
2. Mix together the rice vinegar, salt and sugar to make sushi vinegar.
3. While the rice is still steaming hot, mix it together with the sushi vinegar in step 2.
4. For the tuna mayo filling, in a bowl mix together the drained tuna, mayo and soy sauce. Set aside. Click on the link below to see how to make tamagoyaki.
5. To assemble the sushi, take one sheet of nori seaweed and spread the sushi rice with your fingers or with a spoon. Make sure to leave a space of 1 inch to the top, ½ inch on the bottom. Line up your fillings. Roll the sushi. Cut into bite sized pieces. Enjoy with soy sauce and wasabi!
<Miwa’s tips> ※Watch more on YouTube!
・Rice vinegar and sushi vinegar are totally different things. Make sure you got the right one!
・Please use sticky sushi rice. Learn more on how to cook the sushi rice here!
・How to make TAMAGOYAKI! Watch this!
・I'm showing each of the steps and more tips on my video. Watch the video before you make to achieve it successfully create sushi in your kitchen!
Store them in an air-tight container in the fridge for 1 day after it’s made. The rice will get dry after a couple of hours.
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!
MIWA 2020/ 12 /09