Updated: Feb 1
<TENDER DAIKON WITH YUZU MISO SAUCE/ 柚子味噌大根>
＜Yield> 2 servings
<Prep time> 8 minutes
<Cook time> 60 minutes
3cm×4cm piece daikon radish
3cm piece kombu
yuzu miso sauce
2½ tablespoons (50g) yellow miso
1½ tablespoon mirin
1 tablespoon cooking sake
2 teaspoons (10g) sugar
1-1½ teaspoons yuzu juice
1. Slice the daikon into 3cm (1.5 inch) thick slices. Peel and score a cross shape on both sides of the slice.
2. In a pot add in the water, kombu and daikon radish slices. Simmer for 50-60 minutes with the kombu until the daikon becomes fork tender. Partially cover with a lid while simmering.
3. In a saucepan add in the miso, sugar, mirin and sake. Cook it over low heat until it turns into a paste. Remove from heat and add in the juice and zest from the yuzu.
4. Plate cooked daikon radish on a plate and drizzle the sauce (step 3) on top. Garnish with yuzu zest.
1. Use the middle part of the daikon radish if possible.
2. It’s easy for the liquid to boil over on step 2 so make sure the pot is partially covered. Always add in enough water for the daikon radish to be fully submerged throughout the cooking process.
3. If you don't have access to yuzu, skip it's addition and instead add more water to create a sauce like consistency.
Store them in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- My first E-cookbooks is now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out this beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need a very sharp high quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by an 80 years old Japanese artisan!