Updated: Feb 4
This chicken is ridiculously tender and juicy thanks to the mayo and potato starch. You don't taste the mayo at all! All you taste is just a moist and juicy chicken.
You can use this tender chicken on salads, rice and sandwiches.
How you mix and match this recipe has endless possibilities.
This meal prep will take you only 5 minutes with items you can easily find in the pantry. Once you freeze the chicken it will last up to 1 month in the freezer. All you need to do is defrost and enjoy this whenever you need it!
<TENDER MAYO CHICKEN -FROZEN MEAL PREP >
＜Yield> 2 servings
<Prep time> 5 minutes
<Cook time> 8 minutes
10.5oz (300g) chicken breast
3 tablespoons potato starch
1 tablespoon mayo
1 tablespoon rice wine without MSG and salt
1 teaspoon honey/ sugar
1 teaspoon Asian chicken stock powder without MSG
½ teaspoon salt
1. Slice the chicken breast into ½ inch pieces. In a ziplock bag add all the condiments listed under <marinade>. Add in the sliced chicken breast. Massage them until everything is well combined. Pop them into the freezer .
2. Defrost the frozen chicken breast and sauté them over medium heat for 4 minutes or until the bottom is nice and brown. Flip over the chicken and then cover with a lid. Steam the chicken for about 3 minutes over low heat.
3. When the chicken is cooked through, transfer to a plate.
4. Sprinkle with some salt and black pepper. Squeeze with lemon juice. Now it's ready to be enjoyed!
・You can keep the marinated chicken in the freezer for up to 1 month.
・Try not to slice the chicken too thick. You want to make sure that the chicken is cooked by checking that the internal is temperature 165°F or there is no more pink inside.
・The chicken itself is not overly seasoned. Make sure to adjust the taste with salt and pepper after you sauté them.
・Japanese seven spices go well with this chicken recipe.
・Make sure to check out how I use this super tender chicken in a salad on my video!
Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days after cooking.
<Recommended side dish>
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!