Updated: Jan 31
<TURNIP SALAD WITH PICKLED PLUM DRESSING>
＜Yield> 2 servings
<Prep time> 6 minutes
<Cook time> 0 minutes
1½ cup (300g) turnips, sliced
4 shiso leaves
2-3 pickled plums/umeboshi
2 tablespoons mirin
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1 tablespoon ground toasted sesame seeds
1 teaspoon soy sauce
※Check out our SHOP PAGE!
1. Thinly slice the turnips. Shred the shiso leaves thinly.
2. Remove the pit from the pickled plums and puree them.
3. In a bowl, add the pureed pickled plums, mirin, soy sauce and toasted sesame oil. Toss with the sliced turnips, shiso leaves and toasted sesame seeds.
4. Garnish with some reserved shiso leaves and enjoy!
<Miwa’s tips> ※Watch more on YouTube!
1. You can swap shiso leaf for nori seaweed or any other herbs.
2. Adjust the taste with salt and soy sauce before you serve it.
3. There are many different varieties of umeboshi/pickled plum which all have different sodium contents. Adjust the amount of umeboshi accordingly, between 2-3 pieces.
4. Toss the vegetables with the dressing just before serving, otherwise the moisture will seep out and get too soggy.
Store the dressing and vegetables separately. It will last up to 4 days in the fridge if stored in an air-tight container.
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!