Updated: Feb 24
If you are looking for a quick, easy and tasty vegan noodle stir fry then try this vegan yakiudon!
I'm introducing a unique vegan protein source which is called KOYATOFU(高野豆腐）in Japanese.
I'm very curious if you have heard of it before. Let me know in the comment section on YouTube!
<VEGAN YAKI UDON NOODLE STIR FRY/ ビーガン焼うどん＞
＜Yield> 1 serving
<Prep time> 4 minutes
<Cook time> 5 minutes
1 package frozen udon
2 pieces shiitake mushrooms
1 clove garlic
1 piece dried tofu
⅙ head cabbage
1 cup carrot, shredded
1 cup leek, sliced
2 tablespoon oil, divided
1 teaspoon Toasted sesame oil
1½ tablespoons gochujang
1 tablespoon rice wine without MSG and salt
2 teaspoon Soy sauce
chopped green onion
sriracha hot sauce
1. Separate the stem from the leaves of the cabbage. Slice the stem thinly. Roughly chop the leaves. Shred the carrot thinly. Slice the leek thinly. Slice shiitake mushrooms thinly. Slice the garlic. In a bowl, mix together the soy sauce, rice wine and gochujang.
2. Pop udon into the microwave at 600w for 2 minutes. Mix with 1 tablespoon of oil.
3. Soak the dried tofu in water and leave it for 2 minutes. Squeeze the moisture out and thinly slice it.
4. Heat 1 tbsp of oil over medium-high heat. In goes the stems of the cabbage, leeks, carrots, shiitake mushrooms and garlic. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook them for 2 minutes.
5. Add in the leaves of the cabbage, pre-cooked udon noodles and the sauce. Cook them over high heat for another 1-2 minutes. Drizzle with some toasted sesame oil. Transfer to a plate and garnish with some chopped green onions, sesame seeds and Japanese seven spices. Now it's ready to be enjoyed!
・Chop all the veggies into small pieces to minimize the cooking time.
・ Udon should be undercooked in step #2. You can also boil the frozen udon for 1 minute. Drain the water as much as possible.
・Keep the heat high throughout the cooking process. Get your pan moving to prevent it from burning.
Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!