Updated: May 12
< VEGETABLE CREAMY SOUP/豆乳野菜スープ>
＜Yield> 2-3 servings
<Prep time> 6 minutes
<Cook time> 12 minutes
1½ cup water
1½ cup (100g) Chinese cabbage/Napa cabbage, chopped
1 cup (120g) onion, diced
1 cup (120g) carrot, diced
1 piece dried shiitake mushroom, sliced
½ cup chickpeas, drained
¼ cup (30g) celery, sliced
½ cup(150g) potato, diced
1 cup soy milk
1 or ½ tablespoon Soy sauce
2 teaspoons potato starch/rice flour/cornstarch
½ teaspoon salt
black pepper (as much or little as you like)
1. Chop all the vegetables into a small dice. The smaller the vegetables are cut, the faster they will cook.
2. Add 1 cup of water and sliced dried mushrooms at the bottom of the pot. Pile on the cut vegetables from step 1 and sprinkle with salt. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Once it comes to a boil, lower the heat to a simmer until all the vegetables are cooked (approximately 10 minutes).
3. Add the remaining ½ cup of water and drained canned chickpeas. Season the soup with soy sauce and black pepper. Add in the soy milk and potato starch to thicken the soup. Once it has thickened, remove from the heat and divide it into your bowls. Enjoy with black pepper or vegan cheese if you want.
<Miwa’s tips> ※Watch more on YouTube!
1. If the soup is too thick, add more soy milk or water to thin it out to your desired consistency.
2. I highly recommend adding root vegetables like carrots and sweet potatoes.
3. Always make sure to season the soup with salt, pepper and soy sauce before serving it. I like to enjoy my soup with a sprinkle of garlic salt.
Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!