Updated: Apr 20, 2022
This is a super quick breakfast rice bowl recipe!! My recipes are always quick and easy because I have can't spend heaping amounts of time in the kitchen especially in the morning!
This takes you less than 5 minutes to get this tasty, nutritious avocado bowl.
It’s creamy from avocado and crunchy from onion. The black pepper give this bowl a nice freshness! I strongly recommend trying this because it takes you only 4 minutes!
I used a new onion which is available mostly during spring in Japan. It has a thinner skin, is a lot sweeter, tender and less pungent than regular onions. They are perfect for a salad. If you are in Japan, try them out!
Please tag me on Instagram if you ever make it!
Leave a comment on my Instagram and youtube for any feedback or questions♡
The one on the left is the new onion, the one on the right is a regular onion!↓
<AVOCADO TUNA BOWL>
＜Yield> 2 servings
<Prep time> 6 minutes
<Cook time> 0 minutes
300g steamed rice, divided
1 ripe avocado (300g), diced or mashed
1 can tuna (80g), drained
¼ onion/celery/cucumber (60g)
2 tablespoons sour cream/ mayo/ homemade mayo
1.5 tablespoons Soy sauce
2 pinches crushed black pepper
splash lemon juice
1 pinch salt (Optional)
finely chopped pickles
chopped green onions
1. Scoop the avocado out of its skin and cut into 1 cm dice or mash it. Transfer to a bowl and splash with lemon juice.
2. Mince the onion and let them soak in water for 2 minutes. Drain the onions and dry them out completely by squeezing them with a kitchen towel. Add the onions into the avocado bowl.
3. Add in the drained tuna, sour cream/mayo and soy sauce. Then mix well. Adjust the taste with salt if it’s needed.
4. Divide the rice into two serving bowls and top with tuna mixture. Sprinkle it with black pepper, chopped green onions, bonito etc.. Now it’s ready to be enjoyed!
・If you find it’s not savory enough, add soy sauce to adjust to your own taste.
・If you are sensitive to onions, microwave for 1 minute OR sprinkle with some salt then squeeze the moisture out first.
・If you are opting for celery or cucumber, you can skip step #2. Just chop them finely as seen in my video and then add them into the tuna mixture.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!