Updated: Apr 6, 2022
Chicken rice is a popular Singaporean dish which Japanese love to make!
This time, I'm introducing chicken rice. It's not really Japanese cuisine but I want to share a new way of using a rice cooker. I assume that you want to minimize the amount of cooking time as much as possible right? Haha! NO stove is required for this recipe!! Hooray!
All you have to do is throw all ingredients into a rice cooker and turn the switch on. The rice cooker will do all the work for you!
Are you making the most use of your rice cooker?
Do you use your rice cooker for anything other than just cooking rice?
There are hundred of recipes which you can do with a rice cooker.
I made a souffle cheese cake on my YouTube!
Be lazy, be happy!! haha
PS: if you have any questions while reading my directions below, feel free to ask me through Instagram!! and tag me if you make it!
Also, please subscribe to my YouTube channel. It means a lot to me!!
Thank you very much for your support!
<CHICKEN RICE IN A RICE COOKER/ チキンライス＞
＜Yield> 2-3 servings
<Prep time> 5 minutes
<Cook time> 40 minutes (time for the rice cooker to cook rice)
Into the rice cooker
300g chicken thighs
1¼ cup (200g) Japanese sushi rice
¼ cup (50ml) rice wine
1 leek (green part only)
1 tablespoon chicken bouillon powder
2 tablespoons Toasted sesame oil
1 ½ tablespoons oyster sauce
1 teaspoon fish sauce
1 teaspoon ginger, grated
½ teaspoon lemon juice
½ teaspoon garlic, grated
10cm green onion
1 myoga (optional)
1. Rinse the rice and add water into the rice cooker. Add in the rice wine and chicken bouillon powder, then gentry stir them. Place in the chicken thighs, ginger and green parts of the leek on top. Make sure to place the chicken under the ginger and leeks. Turn on the rice cooker and cook with regular mode.
2. Shred the green onion and myoga finely. Mix them with the seasonings written under the <Sauce> above.
3. After the rice has cooked, remove the ginger and the green parts from the leek. Transfer the chicken thighs onto a cutting board. Slice them into bite sized pieces.
Chicken should be tender and fully cooked. ↓
4. Serve rice on your plate and place on the chicken followed by your favorite toppings. Drizzle with generous amount of sauce (step 2). Now it's ready to be enjoyed!
・When using the rice cooker, DO NOT use a fast mode for this recipe otherwise chicken can be under-cooked. As a reference, my rice cooker takes 60 minutes to cook rice.
・If you don't have a fish sauce on hand, swap it for soy sauce.
・If you can make rice with your slow cooker then this recipe also should work with your slow cooker. To be honest I don't have slow cooker, so if you guys can tell me how it turned out, I would be grateful!! DM me to my Instagram!
Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!
<Sign up for the online cooking class!>
I would love to support you in your own kitchen!
For the details, click here!