Updated: Apr 6, 2022
Here's another easy stir fry recipe using chicken breast, which now might be my family's new favorite dish.
Last weekend I went to the wholesale market and bought quite a large portion of chicken breasts. I have been spending the last 4 days trying to consume everything by making sure my kids are not bored with the taste and of course that it's easy for me to cook!
I always think that the key to having healthy eating habits is to make cooking very easy and low effort.
This recipe is a good example of the above concept.
You can whip up it up in only in 11 minutes with very simple ingredients and condiments, but it's still healthy and tasty.
I hope you and your loved ones will enjoy!
Tag me on Instagram if you make it!
Please subscribe to my Youtube channel for future recipes!
＜Yield> 2-3 servings
<Prep time> 6 minutes (doesn't include marination time)
<Cook time> 5 minutes
300g chicken breasts
2 spears asparagus
1 tablespoon Toasted sesame oil
Marinade for chicken
1 tablespoon rice wine or white wine
1 tablespoon potato starch or corn starch
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons garlic, grated
1 teaspoon asian chicken stock powder (any soup stock powder)
½ teaspoon salt
chopped green onions
1. Cut the chicken breasts into thin bite sized pieces. In a ziplock bag add the chicken breasts, salt, rice wine and potato starch. Massage it and let them sit for 15 minutes in the fridge.
2. Chop the onion finely. Grate the garlic. Chop the asparagus into bite sized pieces. Mix the seasonings listed above.
3. Heat the vegetable oil over high heat, then place in the chicken. Cook until one side becomes nice and golden then flip the chicken over and cook on the other side.
4. Once both side have browned, add in the onions and cook for 2 minutes or until the onions become translucent. Add in the asparagus and drizzle in the mixed sauce. Allow the sauce to thicken up over medium heat for 1 minute. Adjust the taste by adding salt. Drizzle on the toasted sesame oil and now it's ready to be enjoyed.
Red peppers or broccoli can be used as a substitution for asparagus.
・Slice the chicken into about 1-1.5cm pieces, so that it will cook faster.
・You just need a nice color in step 3, the chicken doesn't have to be fully cooked at this point.
・Rice wine and potato starch will protect the moisture inside of the chicken.
・Depending on which chicken stock powder you are using the sodium content will differ. Please adjust the taste with salt as a finishing touch.
・You can swap onions for leek.
Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!