Updated: Jan 21
<GARLIC CUCUMBER SALAD/ きゅうりのニンニク和え>
<Yield> 3 servings
<Prep time> 6 minutes
<Cook time> 0 minutes
2 small cucumbers
1-2 garlic cloves, grated
1 tablespoon Soy sauce
1 tablespoon Toasted sesame oil
¼ teaspoon vinegar or pinch of salt (optional as a finishing touch)
1. Grate the garlic. Pat the cucumbers with a rolling pin to break them down a little bit. Chop into large bite size pieces.
2. In a bowl add the grated garlic, soy sauce and toasted sesame oil. Mix to emulsify the dressing and adjust the final taste with salt or vinegar if needed.
3. Toss the cucumbers in the dressing just before serving. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds or shredded chilis if needed.
<Miwa’s tips> ※Watch more on YouTube!
1. Two cloves of garlic is pretty strong! haha So feel free to reduce to one clove. If that's the case, add more salt or vinegar to compensate for the flavor.
2. Feel free to swap garlic for ginger if you want.
It’s best to be enjoyed right away. If you want to make this ahead of time, keep dressing and cucumber separate in the fridge for 2 days.
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!