Updated: Feb 28
Are you looking for ｍore salmon recipes?
Try this steamed honey garlic salmon recipe!
It comes out of the oven in 15 minutes.
We are steaming the honey garlic salmon instead of baking it in the oven.
It’s the perfect easy weekday dinner.
In this video, I’m also introducing an avocado arugula salad as a side dish.
If you prepare some rice or bread along with this garlic honey salmon and salad, your dinner will be ready on the table in 20 minutes!
<HONEY GARLIC SALMON/ ガーリックとはちみつの蒸し焼きサーモン＞
＜Yield> 2 servings
<Prep time> 5 minutes
<Cook time> 15 minutes
300g salmon filet
2 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons grainy mustard/dijon mustard
1 tablespoon Soy sauce
1 teaspoon rice wine
Any fresh herbs
1. Preheat the oven at 180℃/ 360F. Create the sauce by mixing together the rice wine, soy sauce, honey and mustard.
2. Chop the garlic finely. Score the salmon and stuff in chopped garlic into each of the grooves. Season with a pinch of salt. Place the salmon on a piece of aluminum foil and smother the sauce on top. Close the foil over the salmon and fold the edges to seal it completely.
3. Pop it into the oven at 180℃/ 360F for 15 minutes.
4. Open the foil and drop in the butter on top when the salmon is still piping hot. Garnish with some fresh herbs and now it's ready to be enjoyed.
<Miwa’s tips> ※Sharing more tips on my video!
・To cook the salmon in a toaster oven, cook it for about 15 minutes on the highest temperature.
・To cook it on a stove top, pour 5mm-1cm depth of water in a pan. Place the salmon wrapped with aluminum foil into the water and cook it for about 15 minutes over medium heat. Try not to submerge the aluminum foil into the water. We just want to steam the salmon.
・Please check if the salmon is cooked or not before you serve it. If not, cook for another couple of minutes.
・You can also add mushrooms together with salmon when you are going to steam them. This way, more liquid will seep out. Make sure to adjust the taste with salt if needed.
・Make sure to seal the aluminum foil completely.
<Recommended side dish>
Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
<Did you try this recipe??>
Let me know by tagging me on Instagram
I love to see your creations!
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!