Updated: Apr 20
I don't know if I can call this as a recipe because It's too easy!!!
I believe this is the best way to enjoy asparagus as a star ingredient!
In spring, finally asparagus is in season! In other seasons, only imported ones are available in Japanese local supermarkets, so i'm pretty excited that spring has come!
I definitely have to share this recipe with my fellow busy bees! If you see the thick fresh asparagus at your supermarket, grab one and try this recipe out!
Please tag me if you ever make it!
Leave a comment on my Instagram and youtube for any feedback or questions♡
My son's hand photo bombed.. sorry!! Haha
＜Yield> 2 servings
<Prep time> 5 minutes
<Cook time> 5 minutes
10 slices thinly sliced pork belly OR bacon
6 asparagus (thick ones)
3 cloves garlic
cracked black pepper
1. Wrap the thinly sliced pork belly around the asparagus spears. Season them with generous amount of salt and pepper. Slice the garlic thinly.
2. Place the asparagus rolls in a pan and then put the heat on high. Once the fat starts releasing from the pork belly, add in the garlic. Cook them until one side become nice and golden.
3. Flip them over and cook the other side. You want to keep the heat at medium.
4. Once the pork belly become charred on both sides, transfer onto a plate and squeeze with lemon juice for a fresh tang.
5. For extra creaminess, you can top it with a poached egg and drizzle with some soy sauce.
・If you don't see much oil coming out from the pork belly and it starts to stick to the pan, you can add in 1 tsp of oil.
・Be generous with the amount of salt and pepper you use otherwise the taste will be pretty bland if you are using pork belly.
・If you are substituting with bacon, reduce the amount of salt to balance out with higher sodium content of bacon.
Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!