Updated: Jan 18
<GREEN BEANS WITH PEANUT BUTTER SAUCE/ インゲンのピーナッツソース和え>
＜Yield> 1-2 servings
<Prep time> 6 minutes
<Cook time> 1 minute
1 liter water, for blanching beans
1 cup (60g) green beans, thinly sliced
½ teaspoon salt
½ tablespoon unsweetened peanut butter
½ tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1. Bring water to a boil and add in the salt. Blanch the green beans for 30 seconds. Drain and let the beans cool down. Trim the tops of the geans and thinly slice them.
2. In a bowl mix together the peanut butter, soy sauce and sugar.
3. Toss the blanched green beans from step 1 into the dressing from step 2. Now it's ready to be enjoyed.
<Miwa’s tips> ※Watch more on YouTube!
1. Use any nut butter you like. Tahini is also a great alternative to peanut butter.
2. Feel free to substitute broccoli, edamame or even cooked potatoes as opposed to the green beans.
3. Transfer the green beans into an ice bath to stop the cooking process after blanching them to retain the color and texture ( this step is optional).
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!