Updated: Jan 9
< HIYASHI CHUUKA/ 冷やし中華>
＜Yield> 2 servings
<Prep time> 8 mins
<Cook time> 7 mins
2 servings (300g) ramen noodles/ rice noodles
3 ½ tbsp rice vinegar
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp mirin
1 ½ tbsp sugar
3 tbsp water
½ tsp bouillon cube (any soup stock powder)
2 tsp toasted sesame oil
1 large cucumber
½ cup broccoli sprouts
1 small tomato
1 tsp potato starch
2 tbsp water
1 pinch salt
1. To a saucepan, add the rice vinegar, soy sauce, and mirin. Bring it to a boil. Continue to cook for 10 seconds to burn off the alcohol (from the mirin). Remove from heat and mix in the sugar, bouillon cube, water, and toasted sesame oil. Let it cool in the fridge.
2.Thinly slice and shred your choice of toppings. In my case I used tomatoes, broccoli sprouts and cucumber.
3. Crack 2 eggs and whisk them together. Mix the potato starch and water together in a small bowl. Add the potato starch mixture into the egg, then whisk it again.
Coat the surface of a non-stick pan with a bit of oil. Pour in half of the egg mixture. Once the edges have started to firm up, remove from heat and cover with a lid. Wait for 2 mins then transfer to a cutting board. Let it cool and then shred the egg into thin strips.
4. Cook the noodles according to their package instructions. Drain and rinse them under the faucet. Transfer to a plate.
5. Add the toppings (from steps 2 and 3) on to the noodles. Pour the sauce over the top.
<Miwa’s tips> ※Watch more on YouTube!
1. Use any toppings you have on hand. Avocado can be use in place of kinshi tamago.
2. Let the sauce chill completely before serving it.
3. Drain the liquid from the noodles as much as possible after they have been cooked.
Store all the components separately in air-tight containers in the fridge for 3 days.
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need a very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese artisan!