Updated: Apr 25, 2022
This recipe is one of my mom’s that I took over. My dad loved drinking paired with a delicious appetizer at dinner time.🌝
My mom made this often as a healthy protein appetizer for my dad. I've been making this since then.
Please enjoy this easy and delicious recipe!
You can whip up it up in 5 minutes without using a stove or an oven!
<Yield> 4 servings
<Cook time> 5 minutes
1 block silken tofu
1 can tuna
20g szechwan pickles
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
2 teaspoon Soy sauce
1 teaspoon black pepper (go ahead and add more if you want to!)
1/2 teaspoon salt
chopped green onions
1. Cut the tofu into 5cm cubes and place them on a serving plate.
2. Drain the liquid form the can of tuna. Chop the szechwan pickles finely. Combine the finely chopped szechwan pickles with the tuna, salt, mayonnaise and mix them well.
3. Divide the tuna mixture equally on top of the cut tofu (step 1). Drizzle with some soy sauce on top and add some cracked black pepper.
4. Garnish with some chopped green onions or bean sprouts as a presentation. Enjoy it!
-You can use firm tofu as well.
-Black pepper will reduce the fishy smell of the tuna. You can skip it to make it a more kid friendly.
-You can use any crunchy pickle as a substitution for szechwan pickles. However, I strongly recommend szechwan pickles! So delicious!
Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for 2 days while keeping the tofu and salad dressing separate.
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!